Thursday, July 24, 2008

Y'all, I just need some time to wallow in loneliness...

Well, yesterday the day I was dreading came...

My (Southern) BFF moved away.

Today I had to drive by while the moving truck was packing up.

I had to have Geordie, once again, console me.

As soon as we saw the truck he said, "It's okay Mummy, remember we're going to visit them and when we move back to Canada they'll visit us!"

We all had a great day together on Tuesday. In the afternoon Nora Jane came down to play with Geordie, then Alaina came down to play with me.

When the time came for them to leave it looked like it was going to rain so we drove them up...
then we had to come into the house to get some of their fridge stuff...then we just had to stay for a little bit longer...then Kevin said that we had go out for supper with them...Alaina and I piled into our car with one child, Kevin & Callum and the rest in their car...we ate supper...then Alaina and I had to get gas...then we had to come into the house for a couple more minutes.

A fine way to prolong the inevitable!!


Finally we all said goodbye.


NJ: "Goodbye Geordie, I'm never going to see you again"

Geordie:"Yes, you will! We will be visiting you at your new house!"

NJ: "Geordie, you and I are always going to be best friends, always! You're my best friend!"

Geordie: "Okay!"


That night Geordie woke up just after 10:00p.m. calling out,
"Nora Jane?!? Nora Jane?!? Where are you?"


We said goodbye to...

our emergency contact people on EVERYTHING we fill out

our great friends

our family


I am
incredibly excited for them and can't wait to go and visit.

For now, I just need a day or two to wallow in loneliness...




9 comments:

Lost in Transition said...

I have to say it was a tough read this one. I feel for you, Sending you a huge hug...
Shannon

Anonymous said...

Oh, how sad! I really wish I had friends like that here. You've been very blessed.

Kellan said...

Oh, I'm sorry - it's hard when good friends move away.

Take care - Kellan

Unknown said...

I'm sorry! That must be hard! You should take all the time you need to wallow! It's hard saying goodbye to a friend!

Chantal said...

ah your making me tear up here. That is so sad. But you are lucky to have found such a wonderful friend so quickly. I am sure it helped your transition immensely. Take Care.

Unknown said...

Awww, you really did put it in good emotion-evoking words. I've felt that feeling before and it sucks.

Perfect post :)

Alaina said...

I remember what it felt like when I saw you move away. It is lonely! But...

I am so thankful for who you are and how you have impacted me in deep ways. You have altered and change my entire life path. I am thankful for what you have taught me about faith. I am thankful for our daily life that we shared. I will never experience the same type of early motherhood friend that I have shared with you. I feel like our paths intertwined for very special and specific purposes. I love you!

OHmommy said...

Hugs,

it is so hard when people move away.

Unknown said...

Hugs to you!! I am so sorry....it seems that my favorite friends are always moving away....makes me wonder what we are doing staying put. It's hard I know.