Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Oh no!! I'm sewing up the burnt bra!!

I just realized I am setting the feminist movement back...

No joke!

The other day I wasn't really in the mood to make the meal;

Me: "Callum, you can make supper tonight!"

Geordie: "Mummy, you're silly, Daddy doesn't make food! He can't do that, he's a Daddy!"
-----
A couple of days later, Geordie was talking about how he wants to try lobster;

Geordie: "Can we have lobster?"

Me: "How about we wait until we go to Halifax and then you and Grandad can pick out a lobster and cook it?"

Geordie: "Grandad can't cook a lobster! He's a boy!"

Doesn't this picture just scream out...GET ME A BEER! (07/04)


When we moved down here and I became a 'legal alien unable to work' we decided that I would do the meals. For the most part, it's fine. I don't mind doing it and the rule is if you don't eat what I make you either starve or have to make your own.

Geordie would probably make his own, but he doesn't really know the rule.

Callum on the other hand would rather eat something that he did not like than starve or have to make his own meal.

All is not lost...Geordie does know that all major decisions go through me!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It sounds more like "I am Woman, hear me ROAR" more than anything else! As long as your little man knows that all goes through you, you're ok!

Kellan said...

How funny and that picture is darling. Lobster sounds yummy!

Take care - Kellan

Mandy said...

My 3.5 year old is big into gender roles. Except that he likes Dora and painting his toenails. Maybe he'll be a metrosexual? LOL

Anonymous said...

Make him watch cooking shows with male chefs, like Take Home Chef, or Emeril, Iron Chef, Hell's kitchen. Chef Boy-R-Dee (sp?) was a dude, right?