Sunday, June 15, 2008

Worst _________ (fill in the blank) Award

So the other day I was up for worst mother award...

We were running a little late for Geordie's swimming lesson. He was being a little on the annoying side and suddenly I just yelled at him. We try not to do the yelling thing. It's one thing to yell for someone (I'm on the top level of the house, Geordie's on the bottom) but we rarely ever yell at him. We made that decision after witnessing what happens when you constantly yell at your child; they become completely immune to it!

Well, Geordie was beyond upset, he was shaking. I felt horrible, quickly apologized. Geordie was still shaking and crying but without sound... I felt even worse. Finally he sad, "Mummy, I am mad at you". Although it took him about 30 seconds to get it out. I told him it was okay for him to be mad at me, I should not have yelled at him, blah, blah, blah.

Finally we're in the car and Geordie's still a little upset. After 2 or 3 minutes;

Geordie: *with chin trembling* "I think I'm going to be a little mad all day, Mummy."

Me: "That's okay Geordie, you are allowed to be mad. Is there anything I can do to make you happy though?"

Geordie: *with chin still trembling* "You need to make good choices 'bout me, okay?"

Me: "okay, Geordie, I will try my hardest!"

two minutes later...

Geordie: "I happy now!"

-----------
Later that day, my friend Alaina came down to pick Geordie up. Geordie decided that he wanted to wear a different pair of shorts. So, he went into the laundry room and got a pair out of the dryer. Alaina watched and then burst out laughing;

Alaina: " I can't believe that he knows to go into the dryer for his clothes. I mean, I do it but NJ doesn't know to go and get them."

The secret is out...I am horrible at laundry!!! Just don't get Callum started on it. He can go on for days!!!!!

-------
Speaking of which, moving into my worst wife award... yesterday, on Father's Day Eve, Callum did about 6 loads of laundry and put them away while I was knitting like a banshee trying to finish a birthday present for a party that day.

Another of my flaws, I am an optimistic timer!! When I plan things out I seem to think that I can do things in half the amount of time that they can actually be done by any human being!!!

-------
Finally, the worst daughter/daughter-in-law award!!! Guess who didn't send even a card off to the father's?!?!? That would be me!!! At the beginning of the week Callum was in Toronto and I mentioned it to him and then for the rest of the week I was caught up in my own world (a.k.a. Helen's Bubble).

What award are you up for?!?!?!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You knit!!!!

pfft we ALL have moments. Today I YELLED at the bowling pins b/c they would not go back in the container .... THE BOWLING PINS. I had a temper tantrum.