Monday, June 2, 2008

Mum's night out!

Friday night a friend and I ventured out together. We went to watch a play that our friend Megan was in. The play was... interesting?!?! while Megan was great!
After the play my friend and I went back to her house and were just sitting around chatting. My phone rang, it was another friend who had been with Callum and Geordie earlier in the evening, knew I was out and was wondering if I wanted to catch the late movie of Sex and the City. I was completely torn. Besides seeing Callum for a couple of minutes to switch cars (and Geordie) I hadn't seen him all day. Plus, it was 9:30 and I was feeling a little guilty already as two weeks prior to that I had gone to a dinner and movie with friends. When was the last time Callum went to a movie?!?!? Anyway, called Callum and he told me to go ahead. So, my friend and I quickly got in the car and met my other friend at the theatre.

It's funny, you don't realize how easy it is to make a decision or to do things when you are on your own. Ten years a go I wouldn't have thought twice and would have gone to the movie...and then gone out for a drink afterwards!! Or the fact that at 9:30 I would just be starting to get ready to go out for the night.
Five years a go Callum and I would have just gone to the movie ourselves, without a thought.
Now, it feels like you have to go through a pros & cons list just to out by yourself!!!

I did have a great time on Friday night. The movie was great!! I wasn't a regular watcher of the show but I did watch it! I highly recommend it to ALL!! I think even Callum would like it!

Anyone do anything interesting?!?!?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everyone I have read so far has loved this movie!

Glad you had a great night out. I so need one of those one of these days :)