Tuesday, December 18, 2007

What is this freedom of speech you speak of?!?!?!

I was driving down Young St., in Halifax listening to the radio, the song Dear Mr. President by Pink came on. About a month and a half a go Callum was up in Toronto and heard the song and was telling me about it. I always meant to download it and listen but kept forgetting. Today I finally heard it!!!
I was listening to a station very much like the ones (four to be exact!) I listen to in Georgia. I have never heard this song even mentioned on the stations, and they all play a lot of Pink!!!
Now here's my question...is anyone surprised?!?!?
When the Dixie Chicks came out with Not Ready to Make Nice two out of the four radio stations played it (although for the first couple of months before the song came on there was a public service announcement made by the president of the station, about how they decided to play 'this group' because even without air play they still had the #1 song in the country and a bit more blah, blah, blah...).
I wonder if it is played in other States or if it's just south of the Mason-Dixon line!!

No comments: