Friday, June 26, 2009


So, I did it! 5K in high 30's C / almost 100 F... in the shade!! Let me tell you though...there was not much shade. Way too hot for this Canadian Girl, but I did it. As you can see my time is to the left!
Now...off to find a 10K! Preferably in the fall...and preferably in Canada! :oP
Meanwhile, would you believe that our child is a s*@t disturber?!?!?
Hard to believe, isn't it?!?!?
The other day at Karate, there is another child who is exactly 2 years older than Geordie and has taken a liking to him. Geordie doesn't really want to have anything to do with him. So, he says hi to the child but tries not to sit by him. To be honest, I can see why Geordie wants to stay clear of him.
Yesterday, this child kept coming up to me to 'tattle' on Geordie. First the "he said he won't be my friend" then a couple other things then finally he came up to me and told me that Geordie just punched him. Guess what?!?! Geordie wasn't even near him when he said it happened.
Five minutes later the boy went to sit next to Geordie, next thing I know that child is whining about having red eyes. He came over to his mother and asked her about his red eyes and she told him that they were not red. He went back and sat next to Geordie;
Annoying child: "my eyes aren't red"
Geordie: "Yes they are. I can see it! It's really red!"
Annoying Child: "really!??! but my mother said they weren't" starting to freak a little
Geordie: totally calm "Nope! They're bright red!"
Unfortunately, the apple does not fall far from the tree. BOTH Callum and I love pushing other people's buttons!
-------

7 comments:

much more than a mom said...

Wow, good for you!

That kid is just my style. Good for him. ;-)

Unknown said...

Congrats!!!

chelle said...

You so totally ROCK! Way to make the run!

Anonymous said...

He's positively Machiavellian

Caffeine Court said...

I love the name of your blog.

It's the best one I've seen yet!

Chantal said...

Thats awesome! My time at my first 5K was 39 minutes! You rock!

Mandy said...

Good job in that heat!

Geordie seems to be able to fend for himself just fine.