Thursday, July 23, 2009

Maybe those NRA guys aren't that bad...

Recently we have been having many phone calls from the NRA. Usually we have not been home to answer, or I did not get to the phone in enough time.

Today I did;

me: "Hello"

NRA: "Hello, could I speak to Mr Wright please?"

me: "I'm sorry, he's not here right now. Can I take a message?"

NRA: "No, that's okay, we'll call at another time."

me: "Can I ask who is calling?"

NRA: "This is the National Rifle Association"

I will admit, hearing that was a little weird.

me: "Oh, is it possible for you to take us off your list? We're Canadian!"

NRA: "Sure, I'm sorry. We did not know of your circumstances. I will take you off the list right now!"


I never realized that being a Canadian was a circumstance!

I will say that the representative I talked to was incredibly polite and did not push anything. I still would not like to meet up with them for some 'fun' though!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha - that's funny. I wonder if that would work for all telephone solicitors? "No, I'm sorry, I don't want tickets to the shrine circus, I'm Canadian"

chelle said...

Well at least it isn't a "condition" HAHAHA

mare ad mare said...

bwahahahaha - circumstances... classic.
I remember coming back from the States once (we lived in Richmond, VA for 5 years!) and the border guard on the Canadian side asked if we had 'picked up the bad habit of carrying a gun!?
I thought that was the best ever - but this is close.

Chantal said...

That is hilarious!